OKAY BUT THIS HURT A LOT BECAUSE DEAN IS TRYING TO PROVE HE’S MESSED UP AND BELONGS IN THE MENTAL WARD
AND HE IS DOING SO BY ANSWERING TRUTHFULLY
This episode fucked me up
The fandom is still recovering from this episode
Slap them all in togas instead of suits and it would perfect
It also follows a pyramidal composition!
However, I would argue that this picture is more Baroque than Renaissance. Notable features of Baroque art are:
- Images are direct, obvious, and dramatic.
- Tries to draw the viewer in to participate in the scene.
- Depictions feel physically and psychologically real. Emotionally intense.
- Extravagant settings and ornamentation.
- Dramatic use of color.
- Dramatic contrasts between light and dark, light and shadow.
- As opposed to Renaissance art with its clearly defined planes, with each figure placed in isolation from each other, Baroque art has continuous overlapping of figures and elements.
- Common themes: grandiose visions, ecstasies and conversions, martyrdom and death, intense light, intense psychological moments.
In the baroque, artists strove to evoke aesthetic responses. Now I’m not talking about aesthetic as in “oh thats pretty” I’m talking about aesthetic like that punch in the gut reaction you get to something.
One of the ways this was done was through the depiction of intense emotion which we see in this photograph. compare to Bernini
The picture also displays a wonderful use of chiaroscuro (an effect of contrasted light and shadow created by light falling unevenly or from a particular direction on something) a style used extensively by Caravaggio and other Baroque artists.
oh my god
This post keeps getting better.
"NO MUM GET OUT MY ROOM. NO. I KNOW THAT BOTTLE IS EMPTY. YES I KNOW. NOOO! PUT IT DOWN. PUT. IT. DOWN. I LIKE THAT BOTTLE THERE. I DON’T CARE THAT IT’S EMPTY. LEAVE MY ROOM PLEASE. NO STOP TOUCHING STUFF. OH MY GOD JUST LEEEAVVVVEEEEE."
Current status: not being kissed or riding a dragon this is unacceptable
JUST IN TIME.
JUST IN TIME FANDOM.
ALWAYS REBLOG ON TUESDAY
IT’S A LAW
DEAR PEOPLE WHO MADE “THE GIVER” MOVIE:
THERE ARE NO FUCKING HOVERCRAFTS IN THE BOOK
NO HOVERCRAFTS ABDUCT JONAS IN THE BOOK
JONAS AND FIONA DO NOT FALL IN LOVE IN THE BOOK
THE INJECTIONS ARE PILLS IN THE BOOK
PLEASEJONAS IS TWELVE IN THE BOOK.
I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS IS BUT HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THAT BADLY
Because the themes are closely tied to story elements that are almost impossible to replicate in a movie. They pretty much had to change things. And then make it popular with action and romance.
Doing The Pledge of Allegiance every school day for 4 or 5 years is one of those things that don’t seem strange when you’re young
But then you get older and you realized “yeah, swearing your allegiance to a flag for about 200+ days out of 365 day year in unity with other small children is without a doubt a creepy as fuck activity”